Monday, March 30, 2009

Laurel Canyon: Effective Low-Budget Camera


I watched Laurel Canyon (2003) last night. I recommend it as a film to look at for really clean, effective camera work (DP: Wally Pfister of Dark Knight, Memento, The Italian Job...). The camera work really helped to move the film along, and with a minimum of coverage. It was a pretty low budget film, around $2M I think, so it's a great opportunity to see how the mind of an enormously talented DP works within very tight budget constraints.

As an added bonus, here is a really good interview with Pfister in Moviemaker Magazine.

2 comments:

Jessiqa said...

I watched Laurel Canyon a couple of times in the last few days and I was just trying to find the budget of this film. Your blog popped up. What are the odds!

Jessiqa said...

Hi Craig. I was just watching Laurel Canyon and doing a little background check on the film and your blog came up. What are the odds? I loved this film, btw.